Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

MGK Monday

Today is a Monday is all it's glory. I don't feel like trying to appreciate this one in the least, however.

This morning, I completely forgot about a lab appt until just before I was supposed to be there. I was able to call and reschedule for an hour later. It gave me some time to pay bills so I am not going to look that gift horse in the mouth. I was leaving for the Dr.'s when my ankle went out on me. Thanks to an old soccer injury, my left ankle is very weak and the nerves are not where they are supposed to be. Every now and then it just 'goes out' aka. the nerve impulse is interrupted and I roll it. my biggest fear has always been this would happen when I was going down stairs. This morning fate was against me. I not only rolled it while stepping down a stair, after the loud distracting pop and flash of pain, I actually fell down the next 4 stairs on my knee. I crawled back up the 6 stairs and laid on the landing to put my ankle up until it stopped throbbing enough to crawl up the rest of the stairs to grab and ACE (thank you makers of ACE bandages...I could not live...errr walk without you somedays). Needless to write, i was 10 mins late to the rescheduled appt. And because of the blood draw, I couldn't take any Advil until AFTER the appt. Those 40 mins felt like days. My ankle and I are still not on speaking terms yet. It's been very slow moving.

I hate Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment