Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

8 lbs, 21 to go

It’s been a while since I have updated this aspect of life. And it’s a lot easier to think about. I have not really done anything spectacular in the last few weeks. I am up to…down to…which ever, 8 pounds lost. To be honest I have been fluctuating between 7 and 8. I think it depends on what time of day I step on the scale…honestly. I have been too lax on getting in the sit ups and pushups. I bought a small adjustable weight set. That’s still in the box in the garage. It would be easier to convince myself to take them out and use them if I had a place of my own and didn’t have to worry about inconveniencing someone else with them. And if I had a place to keep them. And the thought of carrying 40 lbs of weights up the stairs to bring them back down (hopefully) in a few weeks, does not appeal to me. I have enough stuff to worry about gathering.

The plan was to do sit ups and pushups at least 3 times a week while watching an episode of some hour long show on my computer. That means about 47 minutes of sit ups and pushups (with admittedly a little rest in between). This week I have not been so good about it. I have been battle the cold/allergy/crud thing going around and I have been too tired to watch TV. Lame. I am still trying to figure out when I got so old. The dog and I went on an extra long walk the other day. She was pretty exhausted when we got home. She’s not used to the exercise either. Now that it’s nicer, hopefully we can both keep up the long walks and both lose a little weight and take some stress off our joints. Her excuse is that she is almost 8 years old. Mine, I have been too lazy to do anything about the extra weight for years.

I have done nothing special with food these last few weeks. I am still taking my lunch to work. I have made sure to have some fruit or vegetables with it. I have signed up for emails from a web site called www.hungrygirl.com. They have some amazing swap out recipes that I can’t wait to have a kitchen to try! A friend gave me one of their cookbooks for my birthday a few months ago. I haven’t made anything out of it. My family is too picky. And there is still not a whole lot of room to store ‘extra’ food with the other 4 people who live here. And it’s hard to fight for kitchen space when it comes to meal time. Something else I hope to rectify sooner than later. I have made one major change. It was more of a way to make sure I am getting enough vitamin D than as a weight loss tool. I picked up some carnation instant breakfast and have made one each morning before going to work and drinking it during the commute. It’s not sugar free, but it contains protein so it at least seems to be curbing the appetite. And it has 25% of the daily recommended dose of vitamin D! For someone who’s levels are so low her body is no longer absorbing calcium efficiently, this is very happy news. Only a few more weeks of mega supplements (which hadn’t done anything in the first 6 weeks), so I need to make sure to be getting enough. It is surprising the links that vitamin D has with weight loss. Hopefully this will also help regulate my metabolism a little better.

I have made a promise to myself to be more diligent about posting about my week. That way if nothing else, I have a record of what I did on what week, and what worked the best. I just have to remember that it’s the little things that add up. Both good and bad. I have made some progress. That in and of itself is encouraging. Time to step it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment